Today my baby turns 19. Time sure goes fast. I hope you have a wonderful day sweet one. Here she is with her aunt Jackie at her graduation party. Next step : COLLEGE. You go girl. Love you lots.
Don't remember how I wondered onto your blog...most likely thru Frugal Hacks? Just wanted to say Happy B-day to your daughter! My baby girl is 15 months old and the hubby and I are always talking about how before we know it we'll be sending her off to college! Ahhhh I'm tearing up! LOL
Okay, I just went through the freezer and my deep freeze and through out 1 1/2 garbage bags of very old or freezer burn items. I also moved all of my protein (except for beans) into the freezer in the kitchen. I don't have as much as I thought. I have: Salmon Tilapia 2 whole chickens (on the small size) 3 meals of chicken 1 pkg turkey bacon 1 roll of ground turkey 1 roll of pork sausage 1 hamburger patty I thought I had more ground meat. Not good. Payday is not until Friday so here is my meaus: Breakfast: cereals eggs, toast and bacon waffles or pancakes Lunches: leftovers peanut butter and jelly sandwiches tuna sandwiches Dinners: chicken thighs, boiled new potatoes and veggie salmon, corn and veggie sloppy joes with a bean stretcher added whole chicken, peas, carrots and onions spaghetti tilapia, peas and carrots Also on Friday we are going out to eat to celebrate Ian's college graduation. Not sure where yet. I will not need anything from the grocery story. I have the...
This is for the rest of this week. Monday - chicken, broccoli salad, and corn Tuesday - pork lo mein Wednesday - taco soup Thursday - mini pizzas Friday - zesty chicken orzo Saturday - pork chops, mashed potatoes and carrots Breakfast will be a choice of oatmeal, muffins or cold cereal Lunches will be a choice of turkey sandwiches, leftovers and soup. I do my shopping later today so I will let you know tomorrow how I did. I don't need a lot because our cupboards and freezer is full. :)
Today I did the first canning of the year. I made dill pickles. 10 pints and 1 half pints. This is a new recipe so I hope that we will like them. It calls for dill seed so I went and bought a little tin and it only did nine of the jars so I remembered that our dill from last year came back in and I had just enough fresh dill for the other two jars. I need to find a bigger container of dill seed next time. Pickles wise I am only making dill this year as I still have a lot of bread and butter and relish. Tomorrow I will turn my attention to the zucchini and yellow squash. I am looking at zucchini relish and use the yellow for part of it. Yesterday I baked a zucchini cake and two loaves of zucchini bread. Yummy. The cake was soooo moist it was amazing. I will make it again.
Don't remember how I wondered onto your blog...most likely thru Frugal Hacks? Just wanted to say Happy B-day to your daughter! My baby girl is 15 months old and the hubby and I are always talking about how before we know it we'll be sending her off to college! Ahhhh I'm tearing up! LOL
ReplyDelete~melody~