Meal Plan Monday

Okay, I just went through the freezer and my deep freeze and through out 1 1/2 garbage bags of very old or freezer burn items. I also moved all of my protein (except for beans) into the freezer in the kitchen. I don't have as much as I thought. I have:

Salmon
Tilapia

2 whole chickens (on the small size)
3 meals of chicken

1 pkg turkey bacon
1 roll of ground turkey
1 roll of pork sausage

1 hamburger patty

I thought I had more ground meat. Not good. Payday is not until Friday so here is my meaus:

Breakfast:
cereals
eggs, toast and bacon
waffles or pancakes

Lunches:
leftovers
peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
tuna sandwiches

Dinners:
chicken thighs, boiled new potatoes and veggie
salmon, corn and veggie
sloppy joes with a bean stretcher added
whole chicken, peas, carrots and onions
spaghetti
tilapia, peas and carrots

Also on Friday we are going out to eat to celebrate Ian's college graduation. Not sure where yet. I will not need anything from the grocery story. I have the basics: flour, yeast, sugar, Bisquick, etc to bake bread and rolls. The bean stretcher is already cooked and in the freezer. I have enough milk (I think) and the only fruit I have are bananas, and home canned pears.

Comments

  1. that is too bad about the food that had to be trashedd. i try not to let anything waste but it still happens.
    is Ian your son? Congrats on his college graduation. That is happy news

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Ian is my oldest. He has really struggled with his post high school schooling. He spent 2 1/2 years in a four year school and finally decided to stop attending because he was racking up student loan debt and he had no direction. I am so happy to see that he found something he loves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018