Surgery and menus

David did go in for surgery yesterday. They put in a stint to relieve the pain he was having. They released him today only after they tried to kill him by almost giving him something he is allergic too. I wish they would check records before dispensing medication. He made me promise that I would not allow him to be taken there again.

So, we need to do some modification in the way we eat. This was his third time going in for a stint and it is time to be hard nosed and buckle down. The goal is to do it with the groceries that I already have in the house. I did go out and buy low sodium luncheon meat and cheese, milk and white wheat bread. I am on a self imposed pantry challenge so this hurt to buy the items but he wanted a sandwich and that is the kind of meat and cheese he can eat now. I had planned baked pasta for dinner but I think we are going to have boneless pork chops instead as it is just David and I. Our biggest problem is portion size. We love food. :) :) I will work on this more and post what I come up with. Any ideas on menu ideas for heart and diabetes? Would love to hear them.

Trudy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018