Groceries for February

Well here it is Feb 11 and this is my first post of the month.  Shame on me !!  I have been busy stitching.  Also I had a couple of days with the crud going around.  Dh is a middle school teacher so he brings home every germ.  That's for sharing honey !! LOL

Well last Friday I had seventy dollars for two weeks and it is gone.  I wont have any money for groceries until Feb. 20.  So, I am challenging myself to see how long I can go without going to the store for food.  I just picked up a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread.  I am going to start baking my bakery goods again.  I just got lazy  LOL.  A gallon of milk will last us until it expires which is the 22nd of Feb since I only use it on my cereal.  The soda is gone so I will be making ice tea and lemonade that I picked up for 28 cents a container for Country Time powdered mix. I have a lot of meat and frozen veggies.  I will use leftovers for dh's lunch.  I am down to one can of tuna.  Not good.  I am long in pasta and homemade sauce, home canned pears and tomato products.  I have over 30 lbs of flour in the freezer,  about ten lbs of sugar in the pantry and about 7 lbs of oatmeal in the pantry.  I have home canned pinto and white beans and pickles (both dill and sweet).  In the freezer I have pork, chicken and a little beef.  No hot dogs or items like that that dh likes but I'm sorry.  Money is tight right now.  I will be eating out tomorrow as I will be out of town for a needlepoint class.  My bff is taking a day off of work to go with me.  For snacks I have three bags of tortilla chips and home canned salsa.  Or I have the makings for a cheese dip.  

I think it is doable.  Here is my tentative menu:

2/10  ham, sweet potatoes and green beans
2/11  stir fry using leftover chicken
2/12 chicken, mashed potatoes and veggie
2/13  bean burritos, spanish rice and chips and salsa (we usually go out to eat Mexican so I am making it at home)
2/14 steaks, mashed potatoes and asparagus
2/15  baked pasta
2/16 pork chops, corn and carrots
2/17 chicken, stuffing and veggie
2/18 chili or taco soup
2/19 ham, sweet potatoes and veggie
2/20 chicken, peas and carrots
2/21 lasagna rolls
2/22 fish, peas and veggie

that will get me to next payday.  All these are subject to change.  Dh sometimes comes home wanting something different then what I have planned.  For lunches I have tuna, leftovers, mac and cheese, homemade soup and peanut butter and jelly.  I don't know yet ds schedule as he starts management training on the 22nd.  He works mainly nights right now.  I have $100 budgeted for next payday for food but I am going to see if I can come in much lower.  If I go by myself I can do it.  If I have company.....you know how it goes.  Wish me luck.
2/19 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018