Pantry Basics

After reading on $5 Dinners what different readers had as their pantry basics I thought I would list mine.

Pantry :

flour (AP and bread)
sugar (white and brown)
sugar substitute
shelf stable milk
pasta
canned tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and Rotel type
canned green chilies
canned black olives
cereal
oatmeal
rice
some boxed cereal
boxed chicken broth
asst spices, must have chili powder though
tvp
tuna
some canned veggies
soy sauce
chili sauce
Worcester sauce
ramen
corn starch
canning salt
homecanned fruit
homecanned apple and pear sauce
tea bags
peanut butter
crackers
popcorn
some canned beans
canned mushrooms

I am sure that I am forgetting something but my mind has gone blank. I am sure you get the idea though. I home can all I can and try to buy basic foods. I do have a can or two of cream of whatever soups though I would rather make home made.

Frozen items I try to have are: frozen veggies including stir fry or japanese veggies for the lo mein my family loves. I also have butter, walnut, pecans and chocolate chips (found on sale for 50 cents each). I only buy meat and chicken on sale so I do have some sale meats in the freezer also.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018