Menus for the rest of March

Well my honey has asked me to spend as little as I can on groceries for the next month or two. More like two and a half at least. We are needing to pull money to savings to help pay for ds's wedding in December and he is wanting me to empty out the deep freezer so we can get an upright for me. I have been having trouble reaching items in the freezer now and honey is worried. We also need to get some work done around the house before then since there will be a lot of company then.

So in the house meat-wise I have:

meatballs (about half a bad)
chicken breasts
ground turkey
pork tenderloins flavored with herb and garlic.
hot dogs
maybe some whole chickens (don't remember)

My first trip to the grocery store netted the following:

1 box of spaghetti
1 box raisin bran (store brand)
1 box shredded wheat (store brand)
1 bag pistachios
1 box kitchen garbage bags
1 jar mayo
1.53 lbs of bananas
1 12 pk diet coke
1 gallon skim milk

total spent: $21.25

the pistachios and the soda were honey's treat for doing so much outside for me. ~smile~

Here are my menu ideas and are subject to be moved and changed based on weather, etc

3/21- lunch - church fellowship meal
-dinner - hot dogs and slaw
3/22- taco soup
3/23- pork lo mein
3/24- chicken with orzo
3/25- spaghetti with meatballs
3/26 - soft tacos
3/27- pork barbecue
3/28- lunch - baked pasta
- dinner - grilled cheese and soup
3/29- chicken stir fry
3/30- turkey burgers with slaw
3/31- pork tenderloins with mushrooms and onions

Comments

  1. I know what you mean about chest freezers - they are a real bother to organize and get the deep things out.

    Hope your grocery budgeting goes successfully! I am trying to get back on my grocery budget too

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    skip bins brisbane prices

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018