Playing catch up

I know it has been a while since I posted.  I am recovering from surgery still though I am doing a lot better now.  Since surgery I have lost 14.5 pounds (since Nov. 19) and a total of 51.5 this calendar year.  What a huge difference.  ~smile~

Food is playing a much different role in my life now and so is menu planning.  I need to plan more to make sure I get enough to eat of the right things.  I am still not really hungry on a daily basis but I know I need to eat.

Menu for the rest of this week:

Thursday:
breakfast:  oatmeal
lunch:  sandwich - dh; soup for me
dinner:  chicken, mashed potatoes and snow peas

Friday:
breakfast:  oatmeal or cream of wheat
lunch:  sandwich - dh; cottage cheese and fruit
dinner:  whitefish, green beans and sweet potatoes

Saturday:
breakfast:  eggs and toast (hard boiled for me)
lunch:  hot dogs and coleslaw for dh; soup of me
dinner:  meatball subs for dh; meatballs and veggie for me

I know that this is repetitive for me but I am still in the baby food stage and I have learned how to eat meat during this stage.  This should be the last week of this stage for me.  Next week is soft, not overly chewy stage.  I can add string cheese and scrambled eggs.  Yeah !!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018