Where is the year going?

It seemed like only yesterday that it was January not it is November already. Wow this year has flown. Well things are still tight here at the home front. Dh and I are still sharing a car. The budget has gotten even tighter as we are trying very hard to pay down debt. I now have $40 a week for food. I get $80 every other week and do my best to stretch it. Last night we had chili and dh took I one container I had left for lunch today. I will most likely have peanut butter sandwich. Tonight I am looking at chicken, maybe soup or just baked. I am trying to figure out what I would send with dh tomorrow if I just bake it. If I fix soup I need to decide soon so I can get it on. ~smile~ I have been very very tired recently and have had a hard time getting going in the morning. Not good when you want to try to keep up with at least a few things.

Dd is still struggling at college. This is her second year there and she has already decided that it will be her last one. She wants to transfer home next fall. It has not helped that she has been sick the entire semester so far and has had a very bad teacher for a class in her major field. Please keep her in your prayers. Ds is doing great in his program. It looks like he has finally found his niche. He is even looking for a part time job in the field.

The garden for the most part is done now. I did get some snow peas and some onions last night. It has become overrun with weeks due to all the rain we have had. Time to rent the tiller and till it under for the spring. Hopefully next weekend or the one after. We are planning to add fruit trees, dwarf one we think. We are considering plum, cherry and peach. We have an apple farm near by so we are not looking to plant apples. We have considered rhubarb and asparagus in the past and have decided against it. As much as we love these it will not work with our space here.

Well must go and get a few things done. God Bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018