Meal Plan Mondays

This week is starting off cool and crisp and will end in the mid 70s. I wish the weather will make up its mind. So our menus for the week will be as such:

Monday - taco soup
Tuesday - Chicken, new potatoes and green veggie
Wednesday - Baked pasta (we are having company) and salad
Thursday - Shake and Bake chicken, new potatoes and veggie
Friday - mom and dad eat out, kids on their own
Saturday - homemade pizza
Sunday - sloppy joes

The sloppy joes are not from a can. I make it from scratch. It is so easy.

Sloppy Joes

3/4 lb ground meat
1/2 cup black beans
1 small onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1 c ketchup
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c white vinegar
chili powder to taste

I brown the ground meat, add veggies and cook until veggie are crisp. I then add the black beans mashing them as I work them in. I then add the ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar. Once this has heated up I add the chili powder and continue to cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Serve on hamburger buns or kaiser rolls. This will feed four of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018