Time Going by Fast .....

Wow June is flying bye. Keeping very busy working on the house and the garden. David has been working on the master bedroom and master bathroom. New carpet will be laid next Wednesday. We have already pulled up the old carpet (the original carpet) and the padding. All the furniture has been moved out except for the bed which is being moved today. David has repainted the walls and touched up the crown moulding. We just need to paint the baseboard and sweep and it is ready for the carpet. In the bathroom, we have new tile, baseboard and quarter round. We still need to install new faucets and a new light fixture and this room will be done. Yeah !!!!!!!!! This weekend was to be busy but with a code orange air alert I am inside today. I had been invited to a bridal shower at 2 pm and a wedding at 6pm. The wedding is outside so there is no way I can go now.

I have started canning this week.  So far I have 5 pints of bread and butter pickles and 5 pints zucchini relish.  Today I will be making more zucchini relish and some pepper relish.  Our zucchini has already died but the yellow squash is still going strong.  I picked the rest of the broccoli and cabbage today.  I got three small heads of cabbage this year.  Kinda disappointing as last year I got 6 good size heads.  The cauliflower and kohlrabi didn't even grow this year.  It has been way to hot in Tennessee for our spring crops.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018