Grocery Shop Jan 9, 2018

I was running dd and gs on some errands when she needed to stop at Kroger to use some of her WIC vouchers.  Both she and gs received vouchers for fresh items so she used them both today.  While she was deciding I found some deals.  Here is what I found:

4 yellow bell peppers
4 green bell peppers
6 apples, mixed types
each of these were bagged and were 99 cents a bag
2 pkgs canadian bacon marked down to $1.29 each
5 bags of Birdseye steam fresh veggies for 99 cents each
2 bags Kroger frozen veggies for $1.00 each
1 tub spring lettuce mix marked down to $1.79
2.39 lbs of green grapes  rang up wrong so they gave me my money back.
Spent:  $26.16 - $7.12 refund =  $19.04


I am going to cut up the peppers and freeze them leaving out one each for fresh cooking and salads.  The canadian bacon will be used for pizza and for breakfast meat.  Once I got home I decided on salad for lunch and discovered that the tub of spring mix was worse than I thought.  I used what I  can and I will compost the rest.  Free grapes will be enjoyed and used in lunches the rest of the week.


I have started working on the next two weeks meal plan as I will be grocery shop on Friday or Saturday for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018