Tomatoes everywhere

I just realized that I have not posted since Monday. I have been very busy processing tomatoes and other produce. So far this week I have canned 10 pints of peaches, 6 pints of pepper relish and 12 pints and one half pint of salsa. On the stove right now I have a triple batch of salsa with enough tomatoes picked for another triple batch easy. I should get at least 18 pints from it. I am now out of all of the onions from our garden and our cilantro. I will have to start buying both of these now. I am eihter going to GFS to buy a 10 pound bag of onions or to Sam's. I am not sure how big a bag I can get at Sam's. I may go there first to see. Tomorrow is normally my grocery day but it might end up being Saturday because of scheduling and two cars for three drivers ~smile~. Tomorrow we (Rachel and I) see Rich in the morning, then my bff is coming over and we are going to stitch, then at 5:30 on a Friday I have a mammogram. Ugh. The only thing I have bought at the store this week is two granny smith apples for my pepper relish. I could not believe it but I paid $2.65 for two apples !!!!!!! Highway robbery. If I didn't need them for the relish I would have left them right there. Needless to say I am not making any more relish this summer. I have made 11 jars this summer and I still have some so we have lots anyway.

On the job front, Ian is still looking but now he is thinking of just returning to school. His advisor told him he has until the middle of next week to decide or it will be to late. Rachel is training her replacement at Pizza Hut. She still has three weeks left. She is now just a CSR instead of a server. She cut and highlighted her hair this week and it is really cute. It makes her look a little more grown up also.

I have been taking alot of pictures. I just have not used up the roll of film yet. As soon as I have I will post pictures of what I have been doing. I am trying to decide what crops to plant for a fall crop. With the price of everything we need to have a second crop. I have one pumpkin plant come up so far. I haven't seen any watermelons yet. My dh has been tieing up my tomato plants that keep falling over. They look so much better now.

Well I need to get going now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018