Eating From the Pantry Challenge -- Day 1

I have decided to follow the Eating from the Pantry Challenge with The Menu Mom. One reason is because dh wants me to empty the deep freezer so he can buy me an upright. The one we have I bought at a yard sale for $35 about 12 years ago and who knows how long they had had it before me. It is the largest size chest freezer I have eve seem. I am having alot of trouble getting food out of it now with my health issues so an upright would work better and I will not have to "search and rescue" food items anymore. the other reason is that we way overspent last month and we are refinancing the house from a 30yr to a 15 yr so the payment will go up.

I will start today. Here is day 1:

Breakfast: cereal, milk and apple or eggs
Lunch: friend took me out and paid for it, leftovers and sandwiches for the rest
Dinner: Chicken, stuffing and mixed veggie all from the freezer.

I will have some food money come Friday and I will need some non-food things and some fresh stuff though I have alot of home canned items that need to be used. Check back tomorrow night for day two.

Comments

  1. WOOT! So glad you are joining us! Keep us updated on how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing my version of the pantry challenge - mainly to use up the frozen food like you are - I hope we both succeed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018