Where is the Year Going?

I can't believe that it is April already. This year is flying by !! A lot has happened recently...

My son and his fiancee have decided to postpone their wedding a year. the stress of school, work and wedding planning was taking a toll on them. My son also has a lot of debt and wants to have time to pay down this debt. This includes student loans, car payment, computer payment and a Kay Jewelers card payment. They had just bought wedding bands so this last bill is a lot larger than normal. she has no debts right now so I think this is really smart on their parts. Her parents are tickled that they have postpone it.

My daughter will be transferring to the university here in town this fall so in a little over one month she is moving back home. I am not sure where we are going to put all the extra things we had purchased for her dorm room but we will work it out. She really missed my home cooking and her boyfriend though I am not sure in what order. *smile*

The garden has started being planted. We have red and green cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce and sunflowers. I still have beets, radishes and snow peas to plant. We purchased a peach tree this weekend and put it on the edge of the garden. We plan to also buy plum and apple trees.

I have started my spring cleaning though it was 87 today. It sure doesn't feel like spring. I have been working in the kitchen. I took the curtain down and washed them. Cleaning windows is not my favorite job but they really needed to be done. Tomorrow I hope to clean the hutch and file those things that need filing. Tuesday I hope to finish the kitchen though it may be Wednesday depending on how much I hurt. My laundry is really behind so I need to work there also.

Easter was wonderful today with Ian and Allison, Rachel and Nick and David and I. I am getting use to having six for holiday meals. I didn't go as overboard this time by fixing way to much. We have leftover ham, green beans and David already ate the leftover broccoli salad. We had ham, sweet potatoes, rolls, green beans, Brussels sprouts, broccoli salad, home canned pickles, home canned cranberry sauce and asparagus. We had apple pie for dessert. Yumm Nick is already back at school and Rachel is almost to her school. Ian and Allison went by her home to spend time with her folks.

Things are calm again. David is watching Yankee baseball (he lives for Yankees ball - - trust me) and I am going to get off here to stitch. Yeah !!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I will post more this month. I am still trying to eat down the deep freezer. I will let you know how it is going.

Comments

  1. best wishes to you! losing weight is hard and I really need to as well.
    I've about decided I need to cut way back on carbs and maybe on gluten too - sure wish I could get it figured out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018