Still hot and muggy

Well we are still sweating away in Middle Tennessee. The next seven days the "coolest" day will be 93. Not my idea of cool. With the heat index we will be at or above 100 still.

My garden is happy to have the heat, they just want a little bit more rain. We lucked out this morning and we had a good rain that cooled us for about two hours before it got really humid again. We have been picking zucchini, yellow squash and cucumbers. We have gotten a few green peppers and banana peppers. Our hot pepper plant is not the kind we thought it was. Oh well. I will be making my first batch of dill pickles this weekend. We finally have enough. I have one large zucchini that I am going to shred to make bread. The rest will be eaten or frozen. We are trying very hard to eat instead of freeze as we have not had a lot of luck remembering the frozen squash.

I am going through my deep freeze as we are looking at buying an upright freezer. I have been fighting it put I am having difficulties reaching the bottom now so it makes more sense. We are looking at a 21 c foot one. I am attempting to eat from the freezer right now. I recorded what meat I had in there and they are all ready tired of chicken ~ smile~. Last night we had the last of the turkey burgers, the night before we had the rest of the fish. Tonight is chicken night or the rest of the hot dogs. Not quite sure yet even though I should be fixing it now. It is too warm inside and our gas grill has died and gone to grill heaven. It didn't owe us anything as it was 16 yr old. No money yet though to buy a new one.

Well off to take out Snowball and to figure out dinner. God Bless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018