Grocery Shop Feb 10

Today was my first time food shopping for February.  I am really going to try hard this month to stick to my budget of $100 per pay cycle.  A pay cycle is two weeks.  This is also my first shop of our new "diet".  It will become a way of life now so diet is the wrong word really.  With dh's heart issues and both of us being diabetic if has to happen.  So today I went to Kroger.  Here is what I got:

#1
5 # of unsalted butter @ $1.99 each
total:  $10.62


#2
2 cards ( 1 birthday, 1 Valentine)
2 pkgs of sliced cheese
1 pkg low salt turkey
1 pkg low salt ham
1 loaf honey wheat bread
18 ct eggs
1 small box candy (Friday freebie)
mustard
mayo
2 bottles Italian dressing
2 small bottles orange juice
5 # unsalted butter
2 bags of pistachios
1/2 gallon skim milk
2 bottle dish soap
total:  $44.84

Total spent:  $55.46
2 cards (not food):  $5.29
Total spent on food:  $50.17
Left for pay cycle:  $49.83

Kroger was offering butter for $1.99 when you downloaded a special coupon today only.  Limit of 5.  My daughter downloaded the coupon but did not need butter right now.  She did it so I could get 10 so I paid for "her" butter also.  Considering I got 10 pounds of butter this is good I think.

We are not to have anything "white" anymore.  No white bread, rice, potatoes, pasta, you get the picture.  I told dh that we are going to use what has already been purchased and as I am replacing those items I will buy what we are to be eating now.  The small orange juice bottles are for him to have in his classroom.  He has been struggling with bouts of low blood sugar.  The only salad dressing he is allowed now is Italian or a vingerette.  The changes will come slowly because I had just been to Sam's Club before this switch was made. ~smile~ We are eating fish every 2 to 3 days now also.  I have 5 meals worth of tilapia in the freezer right now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018