Friday already !!! Where did August go?

It seems like only yesterday that August started and now it is almost over.  Wow.  Rachel is adjusting very well to East Tn State and Ian is enjoying his classes at Middle Tn State.  

I got some of the best deals on school supplies at Target today.  They had 5 packs of 70 ct college rule notebooks for 35 cents.  Yes, you read 35 cents.  They had 3x5 notecards 100 ct for 32 cents and Bic Cristal pens for 62 cents.  Wow !!!!!!  I could not believe my luck.  I tried to get in touch with my dh the teacher but could not so I might be going back for the notebooks tomorrow as he has the students use these for journals.  They also had a 44 pound bag of Dog Chow for $18 which seemed like a good price and saved me from having to make another stop. ~smile~

I am working on my first care package for my away child.  She has discovered Easy Mac which I think is gross but she eats when she is up studying late and the cafeteria is closed.  Trying to find a good balance of healthy and junk.  Any ideas anyone?  I am all ears.  She forgot some clothes that she wants sent and the shelf for her refrigerator and I found the light bulbs she needs for her desk lamp.  Now I can't find a big enough box.

Got to make salsa tonight and I have been invited to pick pears if it doesn't rain tomorrow.  I am all for free.  I am going to can them.  All she asks is that she gets some of the canned pears.  No problem.    Every have a blessed day.

Comments

  1. Hey Trudy, not exactly the same thing but we've just brainstormed ideas for a healthier/snacky lunch for the girls. We came up with a few things that are quick, easy and at least reasonably healthy.

    I'll do a blog post about it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018