In My Home This Week

It has been a week since I have posted and alot has happened.  Here is what occurred in the past week:

1.  We got a new computer last Saturday.  Our old one would work when it wanted to and would freeze up at the least little thing.  We got a Mac this time and have been extremely happy with it.  It has taken a while to get use to it but I think this will be a happy relationship. ~smile~

2.  Got more salsa made.   Another 15 pints.  I sure hope we get rain soon.  Our tomato plants are not looking very good and I still want to can more.  Our peppers are suffering also.  Time to start thinking of fall crops in Tennessee.  Any ideas?

3.  You can only fit so many things in one room and our bedroom has been maxed out.  I tried to put the ironing board up and found it very cramped.  It is now back out in the living room until I get my craft room back.

4.  Talking about my craft room we have asked a couple of folks for quotes concerning moving our washer and dryer.  I hope to hear from them soon.  Can't wait to have everything back to "normal" again.  What ever normal is.

5.  I got a facebook page.  It is amazing how many people I know on it.  I have been able to get back in touch with some high school friends.  Boy does that feel good.

6.  I think colleges make financial aid hard intentionally.  Boy do I have headaches working with them.  Ian's is right but Rachel's is bouncing around and school starts on Monday, August 25.  There is enough there but one item is missing and they have different amounts today then yesterday.  I guess I will be calling again on Monday.

7.  We got Rachel moved to college on Wednesday and Thursday.  Her roommate moved in at the same time so it was a mad house.  We got her unpacked before we left.  We did forget things so a run to WalMart was in order.  Oh well.  It was the hardest thing leaving her there.  My baby my youngest on her own now in a semi structured environment six hours away.  Weepy was my word of the day on Thursday.

8.  Today has been laundry.  Boy can it add up fast.  General straightening also.  Time to make a new schedule, Ian starts school on Monday so fall timing is in order.  I wish the weather would think it was fall ~smile~.  I will be working on my housekeeping schedule to get me back on track.

9.  Am I the only one who is shocked by the price of college textbooks?  Having two in college really hurts the pocket book.  There financial aid doesn't kick in until the first day of school so books come out of pocket until then.  One used book was $88 !!!!!!  That is ridiculous.

10.  Time to take my diabetes seriously.  I am having alot of problems getting under control.  Been reading and trying to figure of the correct way to eat.  Dh needs it also.  Pray that I am successful.

Got to go.  God Bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018