In My Home This Past Week......

Boy have we been busy. I have had company and school has started for my dh. Here is what has happened this past week....

1. My brother in law from New Jersey has been visiting. I have not seen him in about four years so it was wonderful to see him. Next time I hope he brings his lovely wife. He left this morning to go back.

2. Last night we had a lovely couple from church for dinner to met Murph (dh's brother). We had a wonderful visit over hamburgers, potato salad, fresh green beans, homemade salsa and chips and carrot cake with ice cream for dessert. It was a wonderful casual meal among friends and family. I hope we can start to do that more often.

3. In my bible study I have been studying Proverbs 31:10-end. I long to be like that woman. It gives me encouragement when I read it and I notice something new each time I read it. This week I noticed verse 13 "She seeks wool and flax, and willingly works with her hands." The word I noticed was willingly. Not being forced or made to feel guilty into doing it but willingly almost enjoying to do it. As I seek to become the best wife and homemaker that I can be it is that willing attitude that will help me to fulfill that goal. I thought it was a wonderful thought. ~smile~

4. I am still canning away. In the last couple of days I have canned 15 pints of spaghetti sauce and 13 pints of salsa. I have another triple batch of salsa on the stove as we speak. Nothing speaks love than homecanned goods in the winter.

5. We are almost ready to move the washer and dryer into our "new" mud room and turn our present laundry room into a pantry. I am so excited about getting a pantry I can hardly stand it. When I start getting my disability this is one of the things we will be saving for. Right now I have canning jars everywhere around the kitchen and in my craft room. Dh wants everything in one place so he can find things.

6. Rachel got here laptop. Oh was this a joyous day. It is a graduation gift from her aunt and uncle and we knew it would be August when she received it. They waited until our tax free weekend to order it. Within five minutes she had her background up and things being installed. It is rarely out of her sight now. She has actually let me use it once or twice. Boy do I feel special. ~smile~

7. I am almost done with the second Christmas gift. I have most of the gifts planned out so now I am trying to pace myself to finish them in time. I love making homemade gifts for everyone. My sister in laws birthday is Christmas day also.

8. Rachel's 19th birthday is Friday and she has been hinting for a party. We just don't have the money but we have told her that her friends are welcome to come on Sunday when the youth group is here and we will celebrate then.

9. We have moved our computer. That is one reason why I haven't been on. It is now in our bedroom. We had to move all of the furniture though to make it fit. I used this opportunity to completely clean the room, to restaple under the box spring and dust and vacuum really good. I really enjoy the new setup and even with the computer table and everything else with it is in here it seems like we have more room. The computer had been in Ian's room and we really wanted to give him back his room. He is so happy.

10. Menu this week:
Sunday - eat out lunch, hamburgers for dinner
Monday - spaghetti with homemade sauce and meatballs
Tuesday - hamburgers, potato salad and green beans
Wednesday - chicken, potatoes and carrots
Thursday - stir fry and rice
Friday - tilapia, potatoes and carrots
Saturday - taco salad

11. I went to the doctor today and I am now using a cane and I have ordered special shoes. I am having trouble with my feet and I am experiencing balance issues. I had bloodwork done and we are trying a new pain med. Wish me luck as I am having alot of pain recently.

Can't think of anything else. I will be posting a little sooner than this time.
God Bless

Comments

  1. This is a great list of task accomplishemnts and bile studies. I hope that every thing works out with your new shoes and your ability to balance.

    I also like the works willingly part of proverbs 31. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018