Grocery Shopping April 28 and 29

Normally I plan my menus, inventory my pantry and freezers and then make a list. I didn't do that this week. I thought I had a good idea of what I had in the house so I just shopped. I don't think I did that bad considering. Here is what I purchased: Aldi's artisan lettuce strawberries fuji apples baby bella mushrooms honey nut cherrios bite size shredded wheat 40 oz ketchup 2 boxes of raspberry poptarts (my fav) drink mix sticks 2 loaves of bread TOTAL: 20.55 Kroger #1 12 lb dog food 3 12pk diet soda kitty litter (for the kids cats) 3 boxes of frozen veggies 4 bags of frozen stir fry veggies 2 pork tenderloins 1 bag of mini pretzels 1 pkg ham for lunches 4 pkg taco seasoning 2 bags dole salad mix 2 lb asparagus TOTAL: 72.18 Kroger #2 1.81 lb asparagus 1 container strawberries 5 pkgs instant potatoes 1 pkg dishwasher soap 3 cans of lite peaches 1 tictac TOTAL: 19.03 Animal City 1 pressed bone TOTAL: 3.24 Grand Total: $115.00 Left for May: $285.00 I have had to increase my food budget as I was always going over every month. I had the butcher slice the pork tenderloins for me into chops. I will get 5 meals from them (3 meals of three, 1 meal of four and 1 meal of five). I was going to do 6 meals of 3 but dd came over for lunch after church so I cooked 5 and I have a small one from that left over. I could have done four but I didn't know how hungry she was. I will be working on our menu for the week this afternoon and post it later. I need to get into the deep freeze and see. I am thinking of going to Aldi's again tomorrow as they have spiral sliced hams on sale right now. I only buy hams on a good sale so I am still debating on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018