Weird Winter and Grocery prices

So far this winter we have had more snow then I can ever remember having in Tennessee. I have lived in Tennessee for 21 years now. I have enjoyed it as long as I have not had to go out in it. My concern is that the southeast is not use to so much snow and cold. A lot of fragile crops grow in these areas and they are already talking about prices going up due to crop damage.

I have already started to see prices going up. Everything from fresh foods to tuna are higher than last month. I have been surprised that apples (that are in season right now) are still very expensive. Dh and I went to do a little shopping yesterday and just like that we spent $27.05. We got 4 thick hamburger patties, 4 servings of white fish, a half pound of bologna, one pound of sliced ham, bag of baking potatoes, sour cream, tortilla chips and sliced cheese. The hamburger patties will be reshaped into a total of 8 thinner patties. With the tortilla chips I made nachos with cheese for dinner. I added 1/2 pound of ground turkey to the velvetta and rotel. Lunch was hot dogs and dinner will be ? . I have not decided yet.

Got to go and do some sewing.

Comments

  1. I know what you mean about the prices I seen it las fall sense there was a hail storm that damage half of our countys crops. Thankfully the families from other countys gave leftover produce to us and others that can.
    Marnita

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018