In Desparate Search of Jars....

...canning jars that is.  This week has finally seen the end of the pears.  I still have some put I am going to save them for eating.  I went out and found a case of pint jars on Wednesday but went back today and they had nothing but quarts.  I don't want quart jars right now.  So I looked high and low and have now used EVERY canning jar that I have in the house.  I even emptied the salsa in the fridge into a bowl to have that jar.  So today I have canned:  4 quarts, 19 pints, 12 jelly jars and 5 half pints of pears.  I have no jars left until we empty some more.

I thought I would list what I have processed from the harvest this summer:  
12 quarts and 1 pint of diced tomatoes
11 quarts and 13 pints of spaghetti sauce
2 quarts and 2 pints of beets
9 pints of tomato juice
6 pints of V8 juice
6 pints of sauerkraut
11 pints of applesauce
3 pints of zucchini relish
24 pints of dilled pickles
15 pints of bread and butter pickles
15 pints of pepper relish
53 pints of salsa (we have eaten or given away at least 30)
8 pints of peaches
11 half pints of pear sauce
13 half pints of strawberry jam
2 half pints of raspberry jam
18 quarts, 53 pints, 13 jelly jars and 5 half pints of pears
10 pkgs frozen corn on the cob
12 bags of sliced peppers
6 bags of frozen cauliflower
10 bags of sliced zucchini
12 bags of sliced summer squash

I still need to find some corn and make corn relish and I have found a recipe for apple pie filling that I would like to try also.  My pepper plants are starting to bloom again so I will have more peppers before they die this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018