Meal Planning

Sometimes I wonder why I try to plan our meals.  Something happens and half of it we don't even do and then I feel like I shopped in vain for those meals.  Tonight we are having chicken instead of salmon because I have tried to fix it twice this week already.  I was not excepting ds to be home and he will be so I needed to change what I fixed to accommodate the need for more food.    After canning all day (since 7 am) all I want to do is eat out.  We have to stop doing that.  We got dh's first regular paycheck for the new school year and it is lower than I was excepting.  Not good.  I spent yesterday redoing the budget.  It is a good thing I have alot of food in the house because all I could pull for food was $23 for the next two weeks.  Ugh !!!!!!!!!!!  sometimes dh vetoes what I had planned to cook and that is frustrating or the weather doesn't cooperate.  I know blame nature ~smile~.  I know I need sugar now.  I thought I had another 20 pounds but it is not there now so I need to buy some.  Canning pears uses alot of sugar even making very light syrup.  This weekend I am going to inventory the house and use what I have first.  Shop at home before the store is what I need to do the rest of the month.  Next payday is next month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorry it has been a while ....

New Grandbaby is Here !!!!

Grocery Shop Jan 13, 2018